Meet the Team at Wendy Johnstone Ltd
Here at Wendy Johnstone Ltd we are a talented and hard-working group of people, committed to helping businesses and their owners reach their potential. Through our process and VA models, we know we have some winning formulas to offer our clients.
I am a champion of process. It’s my aim to help businesses of all types discover how to work in a way that’s both efficient and appropriate to their culture. As a qualified Prince 2 Project Manager, I concentrate on dividing projects into manageable and controllable stages so the experience is never overwhelming for my clients. I’m what’s known as a ‘starter finisher’. That is, someone who equally loves the creative beginning of projects and the routine execution. It’s probably why I’m a natural project manager.
I spent over a decade working for Barclays head office in London as a project manager, leading and implementing business change initiatives across audiences of 140,000. During this time I discovered the satisfaction of working with small businesses, and achieving results through techniques typically associated with large corporates.
This was the rationale behind my setting up Wendy Johnstone Ltd in 2014. My skills are appropriate across all industry sectors, though I have a special place in my heart for people-based companies, such as learning and development, HR, recruitment, etc.
I remain at the helm to reassure my fabulous team and clients that the guiding principles of Wendy Johnstone Ltd will always be at the heart of everything we do.
Cats and Chevrolets
There are two things I’d like to share about my personal life. First, my husband and I own a 1959 Chevrolet pick-up truck. We love nothing better than packing a bag and going wherever the mood (and truck) takes us.
Secondly, cats are a big part of my life and have been since I was a little girl. Cats have that innate ability to both calm and keep you on your toes which is why they’ve influenced my brand identity. I do as much as I can to support cat charities, especially local ones. I also have my own rescue cat, Molly whose sudden appearance on video conferences is…well…both calming and alarming.
Key Wendy Johnstone Ltd Roles
Our people fulfil key roles for our clients. They have varied backgrounds in terms of industry sector. But most importantly, they’ve developed a range of skills working at a high level in medium-large organisations.
We hire only capable, personable and diligent people who demonstrate the following key skills, knowledge and traits:
Skills, Knowledge & Traits
- Verbal and written communication
- Interpersonal and emotional intelligence
- Data collection and analysis
- Focus plus a high level of attention to detail
- Self-motivation to deliver on target and to deadline
- Management of systems, processes and people
- Organisation and time-management skills
- Management of multiple projects, prioritising tasks appropriately
- Qualified to the right level, eg PRINCE2
- Business acumen
- Experience of structured, pressured operations management roles
- Consultancy skills
- Extensive working knowledge of key business software and platforms such as Microsoft Office and ActiveCampaign
As the name implies, these people manage and oversee your account, reporting directly to you. They ensure that projects and ongoing accounts are progressing as expected, that the relationship between our combined team members is strong and functioning well.
Though their role is largely strategic, they will also provide hands-on assistance whenever necessary. WJL account managers assess their clients’ needs, spotting and planning ways to ensure that we are continually adding value to your business.
Our project managers are hands-on operational people. Their role is fundamental to the successful implementation of our clients’ projects. From initiation through to delivery/completion, this a role that relies on their ability to make continuous improvement to the productivity and speed of any process.
These are typical responsibilities:
- Mapping processes, including risk assessment and mitigation
- Creating operational plans to support the strategic vision and plan
- Preparing reports and presentations, and updating the client management team
- Monitoring and ensuring projects are on track, addressing issues as required
- Managing and updating of relevant IT systems, such as CRM
- Identifying and implementing process improvement
- Creating and updating relevant documentation including compliance
Extremely focused with superb attention to detail, our VAs are self-motivated and able to deliver to targets and deadlines, and follow a variety of workflow and process models. They are also well-used to working with a range of software packages.
Our VAs relish a challenge; they are great communicators with strong organisation and time-management skills. Their ability to work across several accounts according to priorities, makes them ideal virtual assistants.